Sales Account Manager
Salary: Dependent on experience
1. Job summary/Key responsibilities
Working within the Sales department, the role of Sales Account Manager is to directly support the organisations processes for order book management and delivery, customer service, quotations, marketing and general commercial activities.
Specific role duties will include:
• Preparation of quotations in line with customer specific requirements
• Full responsibility of key account life cycle management for high value projects which are generally in excess of £1m
• Full responsibility to manage customers contracts details to include export control compliance, payment terms, incoterms and or key terms and conditions
• Providing customer service and communication/interaction with our range of direct key accounts customers within the aerospace, power generation and diesel sectors. This will require travelling to customer visits in the UK and abroad
• Supporting the commercial activities alongside the internal production, engineering, quality and finance departments to include administrative duties
• Support the sales and marketing processes, working alongside the existing sales team – this may include potential attendance at specific exhibitions and events in the UK
• Other internal duties maybe requested in support of our organisations activities.
2. People Management/Leadership Responsibilities (if applicable)
• Not applicable
3. Autonomy/ Authority and decision-making (if applicable)
Which type of decisions must be consulted, Contract value dependent
4. Person Profile
• Key Account Management in aerospace/ power generation or engine manufacturing environment is essential.
• Ability to think in a creative and commercially facing manner.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Planning/ organisational and time management skills are essential.
Education and/or qualifications
• A Level / OND / HNC or Degree-level education.
Specific knowledge/skills required
• Microsoft Office
• EPICOR ERP system experience
• French/German or Spanish speaking
• Full current UK licence is essential
Previous profesional experience
Essential: at least 2 to 3 years key accounts management or sales accounts manager experience with high value accounts circa + £1m
Desirable: Financial accounts experience
5. Other Duties
The Post holder:
Will take personal responsibility and ownership for actions, performance and measurable results and will deliver on all commitments made to meet business objectives. Demonstrate initiative, determination, persistence and a competitive, “driven” attitude in approach to work whilst fully adhering to, and representing the Company Values.
Will be required to take part in an annual performance appraisal, where this job description will be reviewed, and objectives set.
Will follow and adhere to the Company’s Health and Safety Policies and instructions and be responsible for own health and safety in the work place.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the post holder assigned to this role and is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the post holder. Other duties may be assigned and job descriptions are subject to change at any time.