Salary: Dependent on experience
People Management/ Leadership Responsibilities (if applicable)
• Customer liaison / schedules – Liaising with your customer contacts ensure appropriate communications are maintained at all times, informing them of delivery related issues in a timely manner. Update schedules and delivery commitments as required utilising customer specified methods/systems if applicable to promote and practice a “no surprises” culture.
• Production Planning – Working closely with the production supervisor(s) manage the efficient production planning and control of all product from initial launch to final despatch, including the coordination all sub-contract operations.
• New Product Introduction – Liaising with the Project Manager and Production Engineering personnel be actively involved with the shop floor planning and coordination of new projects, effectively integrating the process development through existing shared resources.
• New Projects to production – During the “handover phase” of New Projects, effectively integrate into shop floor production through agreed resources.
• Liaise / Communicate with remote shift supervisors to ensure production priorities and machine loading plans are understood and actioned in accordance with requirements.
• MRP & Scheduling – Using Jobshop, manage all elements of production control to include; inventory management, works order creation and launch, work center work-to-lists, shop floor data capture & system maintenance, works order progressing, sub-contract order placement and receipt, booking into interim and finished stores and final despatch to customer.
• Sub-Contract Suppliers – Be responsible for managing items at sub-contract processing (machining, heat-treat, surface coatings etc) in accordance with contractual requirements. Communicate concerns to purchasing as appropriate.
• Packing Dept – Communicate on a regular basis with packing / inspection personnel to ensure customer requirements are planned in advance, allowing sufficient time for all pack/dispatch procedures.
• Transport – Liaising with your production control colleagues, coordinate / communicate transportation requirements as appropriate.
• Inventory and WIP – Effectively manage to ensure no financial liabilities are incurred by the company as a result of either slow-moving WIP or excess Raw/Finished stock.
• Excellent inter-personal and negotiating skills.
• Thorough knowledge of the Company’s products and processes.
• Excellent organisational skills.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Excellent decision making skills
• Drive/tenacity and a relentless pursuit for improvement
Education and/or qualifications (essential and desirable)
• Degree/HND/HNC educated
Specific knowledge/skills required
• Knowledge of Jobshop or similar MRP/ERP based manufacturing software
• General PC skills to a high standard to include web based delivery/Schedule portals.
• MS Office (Outlook, Excel to intermediate as a minimum)
• Essential: A Production Planning / MRP role within a similar industry
• Desirable: Aerospace/Automative machine shop planning
The Post holder:
Will take personal responsibility and ownership for their actions, performance, measurable results and delivers on all commitments made to create an organisational value. Demonstrate initiative, determination, persistence and a competitive, “driven” attitude in approach to work.
Will be required to take part in an annual performance appraisal, where this job description will be reviewed, and objectives set.
Will follow and adhere to the Company’s Health and Safety Policies and instructions and be responsible for own and others health and safety in the work place.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the post holder assigned to this role and is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the post holder. Other duties may be assigned and job descriptions are subject to change at any time.
This is an important role within this growing organisation. If you are interested, please apply directly or e-mail your details to email@example.com.
Note to outside agencies, please do not contact.