Reporting to the Head of Engineering, the Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for:
• Defining and implementing methods of manufacture from cradle to grave for NPI programs
• Creating new part numbers, BOMs and routings on the ERP system
• Generating robust process instructions, data cards and SOPs
• Designing and procuring tooling and fixturing relating to the manufacture and measurement of turbine blades
• CNC programming of Makino Viper grinders via Easy grind CADCAM software
• Setting and proving out Makino Viper grinding programs
• Working with the Project Manager’s to ensure customer requirements are met
• Compiling of PPAP packs to ensure production rate readiness to include PFMEA’s
• Supporting internal and external teams to deliver to project requirements
• Liaising with design, manufacturing, purchasing, customers and suppliers to deliver technical solutions and quality components
• Maintain improvement plans and trackers, ensuring a common standard is developed and applied across departmental and cross functional teams
• Supporting the implementation of EDM machines and processes
• Supporting the shop floor with manufacturing engineering related issues
• Carrying out problem solving activities
Supported by excellent working communication skills, the Manufacturing Engineer should be/have:
• Ability to prioritise, plan and organise workload
• Experience of 5 axis milling and/or grinding
• Understanding of machine tool and CMM fixture design
• Practical problem-solving experience
• Analytical and numeracy skills along with a commercial awareness
• Willingness to learn broader engineering skills (CADCAM Programming)
ONC or HNC qualified, having an aerospace manufacturing background would be an advantage. Wherever possible, you should also be a Time served engineer with hands on machine tool experience.
In addition, having 5 axis programming and grinding as well as EDM programming and /or operation knowledge would be a bonus.
This is an important role within this growing organisation. If you are interested, please apply directly or e-mail your details to email@example.com.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the post holder assigned to this role and is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the post holder. Other duties may be assigned, and job descriptions are subject to change at any time.
Note to outside agencies, please do not contact.