Lead Manufacturing Engineer
Salary: Dependent on experiance
The ideal candidate will:
• Be passionate about providing world-class technology solutions to manufacture gas turbine engine blades.
• Have good leadership and motivational skills.
• Recognise the importance of building and maintaining strong interpersonal relationships.
• Lead cost estimation activities for RFQs on new packages of work within compressors.
• Lead the compressors ME team to ensure that all activities relating to NPI parts are completed on time to ensure timely delivery of parts to customer on time and on budget.
• Ensure that all machining tooling and fixturing is defined and in place in order to support production upon handover of NPI parts to production.
• Work closely with project managers, quality and supply chain to ensure PPAP of new products are completed on time.
• Ensure that the team is providing production support to the shop floor to minimise disruption to delivery.
• Support the specification, co-ordination and commissioning of new machine tools to ensure that capacity requirements are met.
• Support the engineering manager in the identification and implementation of new technologies to help improve productivity and reduce cost.
• Identify and implement productivity improvements to reduce specific product cost to improve gross margin.
• Attend production and engineering meetings to establish priorities and cascade to the ME team.
• Ensure that process variation effecting RFT is identified and actions put in place to reduce and eliminate.
• Standardise and CADCAM software used as well as the process for programming and verifying programs before use.
• Making sure that all manufacturing documents and programs are in place and controlled effectively.
Required Job Qualifications:
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience in aerospace machining
• Team leadership skills
• Project management skills
• Excellent organisational skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Proven ability to effectively partner and influence colleagues in a variety of functions including Manufacturing, Quality Assurance, Process Engineering, and Equipment Design
• Demonstrated ability to work well within teams or independently
• Strong knowledge of machining, machine tools, tooling and fixturing.
• Knowledge of CADCAM
Desired Job Qualifications:
• Experience in programming, tooling and proving jobs through 5 axis machining centres.
• Experience with CADCAM systems and Vericut.
• Experience leading a team
• Experience with the manufacture of turbine and compressor blades.
• High technical knowledge of machined aerospace parts and components.
People Management/ Leadership Responsibilities (if applicable)
• Experience of leading and working with a team of manufacturing engineers.
Autonomy/ Authority and decision-making (if applicable)
• Which type of decisions must be consulted
• Detail under title up to what limit. ie ‘All others that are not listed below’.
• Which decisions can take be taken individually
• Authority to sign
• Ability to prioritise and delegate work
• Ability to plan and organise
• Diplomatic, tactful and confidential
• Proactive and participative team member
• Time served engineer with hands on machine tool experience.
• Experience of working in a manufacturing/engineering environment.
Education and/or qualifications (essential and desirable)
• HNC in Engineering, Manufacturing or applicable subject
• Degree in Mechanical engineering
• MS office
• Siemens NX
Previous profesional experience
• Essential: People Management
• Desirable: experience preferably in a manufacturing environment
The Post holder:
Will take personal responsibility and ownership for actions, performance, measurable results and delivers on all commitments made to create an organisational value. Demonstrate initiative, determination, persistence and a competitive, “driven” attitude in approach to work.
Will be required to take part in an annual performance appraisal, where this job description will be reviewed, and objectives set.
Will follow and adhere to the Company’s Health and Safety Policies and instructions and be responsible for own and others health and safety in the work place.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the post holder assigned to this role and is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the post holder. Other duties may be assigned and job descriptions are subject to change at any time.
JJC requires all applicants to be eligible to work within the UK.
This is an important role within this growing organisation. If you are interested, please apply directly or e-mail your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note to outside agencies, please do not contact.