CNC Setter/Operator - For Grinding and Compressor work - Day Shift & Night Shift
Salary: Dependent on experience
Job summary/Key responsibilities
Principal Accountability: To set and operate a range of equipment within your specified department, commensurate with your skill grade in a safe and efficient manner. Maintaining the highest standards of quality, productivity and standard hour generation.
• Comply with Health and Safety policy as detailed in the company handbook.
• When applicable ensure that appropriate PPE is worn and utilised in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
• Do not undertake the lifting of heavy parts without the appropriate manual handling training.
• Do not undertake the lifting of heavy parts using slings and hoists without completing the appropriate training.
• Ensure compliance with the Time and Attendance policy, following the appropriate reporting procedures in the event of absence.
• Maintain the highest standards of housekeeping at your work station at all times, assisting in the implementation and sustainment of 5S and other LEAN principles as required.
• Continually strive to improve your Productivity, Efficiency and Product Quality through the diligent implementation of best practice and LEAN manufacturing techniques.
• Ensure that machine daily checks are completed at the commencement of the operation in accordance with the relevant documentation, recording defects as appropriate.
• Where possible, in terms of skills and availability, offer flexibility in engaging with other departments / equipment if requested.
• Report all machine and equipment malfunctions promptly to your Line Manager and the Maintenance department via the machine tagging procedure. (Maintenance must only be undertaken by qualified personnel).
• Ensure that all production documentation (ie route cards, reject notes, shop floor data capture bookings, operation packs etc) are utilised in accordance with company procedures.
• Ensure conforming Inspection “1st-offs” are obtained at the commencement of production in accordance with company policy.
• Report anomalous routing operation and setting standard times to your Line Manager immediately.
• Report all relevant operational non-conformances via the reject note system ensuring that your Supervisor countersigns in accordance with company policy.
• Be aware of your standard hour generation at all times and inform your Line Manager immediately if you are not able to achieve agreed performance targets.
• Engage in annual performance appraisals
• Experience of CNC machining in specified discipline(s)
• Good inter-personal skills.
• Knowledge of Company policies and working practices.
• Good team working skills
Education and/or qualifications (desirable)
• NVQ Level 2 Business Improvement Techniques
• CNC Programming
• GCSE grade A to C in Maths/English/ Science
• BTEC Mechanical Engineering
Specific knowledge/skills required
• CNC Setting / Operating
• Knowledge of Tooling & Workholding techniques
• CMM report evaluation (if applicable)
• MS Office (Outlook, Excel), desirable
• Experience within a similar manufacturing environment utilizing a range of CNC machinery.
The Post holder:
Will take personal responsibility and ownership for their actions, performance, measurable results and delivers on all commitments made to create an organisational value. Demonstrate initiative, determination, persistence and a competitive, “driven” attitude in approach to work.
Will be required to take part in an annual performance appraisal, where this job description will be reviewed, and objectives set.
Will follow and adhere to the Company’s Health and Safety Policies and instructions and be responsible for own and others health and safety in the work place.
This is an important role within this growing organisation. If you are interested, please apply directly or e-mail your details to email@example.com.
Note to outside agencies, please do not contact.